Risk Level: Low
Cloud Entity: IAM User
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AWS.IAM.89
Category: Security, Identity, & Compliance
IamUser should not have combinedPolicies with [ name like 'AdministratorAccess' ]
- Go to 'IAM'
- In the menu, under 'Access management', choose 'User'
- Select the incompliant users
- Click on 'X' next to 'AdministratorAccess' group
- Click 'Remove from group'
From Command Line
To remove the specified managed policy from a specified user, run:
aws iam detach-user-policy --user-name USER-NAME --policy-arn POLICY-ARN
An IAM user is an entity that you create in AWS to represent the person or service that uses it to interact with AWS. A user in AWS consists of a name and credentials.
- AWS CloudGuard Best Practices
- AWS CloudGuard SOC2 based on AICPA TSC 2017
- AWS HITRUST v11.0.0
- AWS MITRE ATT&CK Framework v11.3
- AWS NIST 800-53 Rev 5
- AWS PCI-DSS 4.0
- AWS Security Risk Management
Updated 5 months ago