Risk Level: Low
Cloud Entity: IAM Group
CloudGuard Rule ID: D9.AWS.IAM.88
Category: Security, Identity, & Compliance
IamGroup should not have attachedUsers isEmpty()
- Go to 'IAM'
- In the menu, under 'Access management', choose 'User groups'
- Select all the empty groups
- Click 'Delete'
From Command Line
To remove IAM group, run:
aws iam delete-group --group-name GROUP_NAME
An IAM group is a collection of IAM users. Groups let you specify permissions for multiple users, which can make it easier to manage the permissions for those users.
- AWS CloudGuard Best Practices
- AWS CloudGuard SOC2 based on AICPA TSC 2017
- AWS HITRUST v11.0.0
- AWS MITRE ATT&CK Framework v11.3
- AWS NIST 800-53 Rev 5
Updated 5 months ago